Grant Writing: a Solution for Your Funding Needs
At ADS, we understand that solving your recording problems costs money. We also know your funding may be tight.
Fortunately, there are thousands of state and federal grants available. We at ADS have experience in getting this grant money for our clients, so we’d like to pass along some points for grant application success.
First, you have to find the right grant for you — with the purpose of the grant aligned with your need for it, for highest probability of receiving it. Then you compose a successful proposal. While there aren’t any perfect proposal formulas, there are several tips we can share (and assistance, just ask) to help make your proposal successful.
- Sounds simple, but follow the rules. Most “Calls for Proposals” will clearly define the information they need. Don’t stray from that.
- Be clear about your goals. If the grant providers don’t know what you’re doing, they won’t award you any money. Clarity gets the grant.
- Watch your timing. Set up a timeline of when you expect to implement your plans and see results. Also, apply early! The earlier in the grant cycle or fiscal year, the better. You don’t want to stress the grant providers with last-minute proposals.
- Be clear about how the money will help. It’s one thing to detail how the money will be used, but grant proposals are even better when they include how the money will help the community.
- Track your results. If you win the grant, you will most likely be required to send some sort of progress report to the awarding agency. Keep that in mind as you write your grant, and make sure your goals are measurable.
ADS Can Help
Our staff is equipped to help you in the grant process. This includes helping you find and write proposals for grants. If you are in need of funding for your next voice recording system upgrade, contact us and we’d be happy to help.